Black Point Inn has been welcoming guests through our doors since 1878. As one of the few remaining Portland historic hotels, we intend to endure as a landmark to gracious hospitality for years to come!
At the Black Point Inn, we believe in creating unique, once-in-a-lifetime experiences characterized by our spectacular ocean surroundings, impeccable service and staff, comfortable accommodations, and fantastic on-site restaurants. A classic Maine oceanfront hotel, there's something for everyone to find on Prouts Neck, whether you're on a Maine family vacation, a business group looking seeking a Portland oceanfront event venue, or escaping on a romantic getaway with that special someone.
Today, Migis Hotel Group upholds the Black Point Inn's proud tradition of spectacular guest service in a beautiful natural landscape. Located on beautiful Prouts Neck and surrounded by the Atlantic on three sides, the Black Point Inn is legendary for its unpretentious downeast hospitality. Prepare to relax and revel in the unhurried pace, gracious charm, and attentive service of Maine's most beautiful and historic oceanfront Inn and restaurant. The Inn has been extensively renovated over the years to provide guests with the luxuries and conveniences modern travelers desire, while maintaining the character, history, and traditions of our historic property.
Throughout the seasons, you'll be greeted by the perfume of fresh flowers, and the crackle of freshly lit hearths within the Inn's gathering rooms. Swim in, or just lounge next to, the Inn's geothermally heated outdoor pool, walk the miles of sandy beaches surrounding the Inn, hike the "Prouts Neck Cliff Walk" and view the scenes and time of year most favored by, and immortalized in the paintings of, Winslow Homer, or just sit by the fire and sip seasonal wines from our extensive wine list.
Amenities at the Black Point Inn
We offer a wide variety of amenities to our guests at the Black Point Inn, including, but not limited to:
- Access to private beach club (less than 5 minute walk)
- Geo-thermally heated swimming pool
- Two on-site restaurants, The Chart Room and The Point
- Full service bar
- Valet parking
- Full concierge service throughout all phases of your stay
- Morning coffee, tea and pastries served in the lobby
- Fitness room
- Legendary Prouts Neck cliffwalk
- Use of bikes, kayaks, and fishing equipment
- Yoga classes on front lawn
- Nearby bird and nature sanctuaries
- Laundry & dry cleaning services*
- Access to private "links" oceanside golf course*
- Access to fourteen private clay tennis courts*
- In-room massage services*
*Please contact guest services for availability and pricing