The reception price varies and is dependent upon the choices of food, beverages, and other wedding details. Our wedding packages start at $140 per person, plus alcohol, 8% Maine State Tax and 20% service charge. This price includes stationary and passed hors d’oeuvres, a plated or buffet dinner, a champagne toast, and a wedding cake. It also includes the function space, set-up before and break-down after the reception.
For weddings over 70 people, we require that you rent the entire Inn for the weekend. The Inn has 25 rooms, and requires double occupancy in each room. Some guest rooms can accommodate extra people for an additional charge of $100.00 per person per night including full breakfast and afternoon coffee and tea service.
For weddings under 70 people, the requirement to buy guest rooms is decided on an individual basis, depending on the time of year and the specific details.
For outside ceremonies:
- All rentals for ceremony chairs are passed on to clients
- Rain options are limited – we can use the lobby space. The sunroom can be used if the wedding is 30 people or less.
For indoor ceremonies:
- The Atlantic Room can sit 80 – 90 people theater style, again ceremony chair rental costs will be passed on.
- The lobby can be used if you are taking the entire Inn.
After the 3rd week of June and through Labor Day Weekend:
- We can accommodate a wedding of 40 people and under in the Atlantic Room.
- No guest room requirement if the party is 40 and under.
May and the first 3 weeks of June and dates immediatly surrounding Labor Day
- We can accommodate a party up to 150 people.
- If the party is larger than 70 people, you will be required to take all of the guest rooms both Friday and Saturday nights.
- If the party is under 70 and The Point Dining Room needs to be closed then the room requirement is 14 rooms for both Friday and Saturday nights.
- For large weddings that take up the entire Inn, we will close the Inn a few hours prior to the beginning of the event to the public. Otherwise, the Inn’s restaurants and public spaces will remain open to the public.
Additional charges Include:
- All necessary rental costs, including, but not necessarily limited to, dance floor, ceremony chairs, tables, heaters, additional glassware, flatware, and china, special linens and/or a sound system.
- Photographers, florists, event planners, bands and musicians, and other vendors will be contracted outside of the Inn between the vendor and the client.
- If the event goes beyond 5 hours, there will be an additional charge of $500 for each hour (or part of an hour).
- Alcoholic beverages. These charges will be based on consumption (plus 8% tax and 18% service charge). A cash bar option is also available. There will not be any additional charges for the bartenders or use of our function space.
- Rehearsal dinners do not require a minimum charge.
The rate for your guests to stay at Black Point Inn will be $350 per night (double occupancy) with a two night minimum plus 9% Maine State Tax and 18% service charge. This includes a full breakfast each morning and afternoon coffee and tea service.
A non-refundable deposit equaling 50% of the estimated total value of the wedding reception will be due to Black Point Inn upon the signing of the wedding contract outlining the details of the reception.